Language: English, Spanish, Catalan or Italian.
Location: Berlin, Osloer Str. (U8)
Dates: Select option above & if none of them suits you, we can reschedule for another time.
Capacity: 4 people maximum
You will learn all the screen-printing process from scratch and print a small edition of your piece on paper or textile support :)
Screen printing is a manual technique that can be used to transfer an opaque image to any surface trough a mesh, direct ink and pressure.
In this workshop, you will learn the whole screen printing process, we will:
1. Pre-printing: Select the screen in base on our design and coat it with emulsion.
2. Transfer the design to our screen: Magical stencil process.
3. Select and mix the color.
4. Prepare our working space with all needed material.
5. Print, print, print! :)
6. Wash & clean the screen so it's ready for a new edition!
If you are an illustrator, artist, designer... and you want to be able to produce your own high quality prints at home and self-publish in a budget, can be the perfect technique for you.
You can print on all the surfaces with screen printing, but we will focus on the most populars: textile & paper. You can make T-shirts, Tote bags, postcards, business cards, prints, etc. We have some basic paper at the studio, but ideally you should bring your own surface (paper or textile). *I recommend paper for beginners because you will get better results and more prints!
We provide inks and all the other necessary material.
- 1 color / layer design (max size A3)
- 100% Black opaque design (stain or line illustrations, photographies in bitmap, logos,etc) ---> We'll add the color offline!
How many copies can I print?
- Paper: Max 20 prints (A3 size)
- Textile: Max 10 prints (A3 size)
What I need to bring to the workshop?
- Your design ready, please send it to me via email before the workshop.
- The support where you want to print it (T-shirts, paper, tote bags, etc)
Can I keep the screen with my design after the workshop?
If you want to keep the screen after the workshop, you should book with at least 2 weeks in advance, so I can order a screen for you.
Can I use the space after the workshop?
Yes, after you complete this workshop you can join our screen printing facilities where you will have access 24/7 and can produce your printing projects. If you are interested, I will give you more info during the workshop.
Can I do the design during the workshop?
Unfortunately not in this workshop. We will focus on printing so you need to do the design before the workshop and send it to me to make sure is printable.
Get ready your design and let's print!
Please remember to bring your mask to wear during the workshop.